Pages

Thursday 7 November 2019

Printmaking-Flowers


 Kia ora,

 WALT explore different printmaking conventions.

 In class, we have been doing some printmaking and how this work is that, First we had to sketch the flower we are going to print and we had to make about four sketches and pick one between the four sketches we made. After we receive another piece of paper and a cardboard paper that is shaped like a square with even sides. Next we had to trace the cardboard paper onto the piece of paper to put the flower we chose between the four sketches. Then lastly, draw the flower we choose on the piece of paper that is now shaped as a square. After all the sketching and the shaping, we were given a thick piece of paper and using the paper with our flower on it, we had to trace but not tracing the whole thing, we had to put layers and glue them on the piece of cardboard we had earlier, like this!

In the weekend, our printmaking flowers got sent to Riccarton for the flowers of festival. There was 3 people who got 1st, 2nd and 3rd, 2 people got Highly commended. I was one of them xo!



My draft:
















My tile:
























My good copy:






1 comment:

  1. Awesome work Jorja.
    I like how you explained every step in detail. Looks fun.
    Congratulations and keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.