Pages

Friday 6 March 2020

ANZAC writing


W.A.L.T: Use descriptive language.
 
Kia ora,
 In week 5 my class have been looking at descriptive writing, out teacher Ms Wilton read us a book called The ANZAC Violin by: Robyn Belton. This is some facts/stuff about him, more than 20 years after publication of the classic NZ story, the Bantam and the soldier, Jennifer Beck and Robyn Belton have joined forces again to produce another heartwarming story from the first world war.
This book was about the soldier named Alexander Aitken, one day he had to leave his violin and left a note to take care of my violin. He was sent back home because he shot, and another day his violin was sent back to him.

 Our class had to make a paragraph with describing words about the war in Gallipoli.

 As I fainted, the memorable sound of the engines roaring at me. The horrible sound of bones cracking in my old DISGUSTING ear. Gunshots, start haunting me down in the muddy and dusty mountains. The muggy air is sunny and wet, as sweat drops enter down, to my dirty rusty skin. Now you can see all the bloodstains from the cold soldiers who were pushed down the rolly mountains by the hypocrites to get. There’s only one place I could hide during the pathetic war…..

 This is my paragraph. The words I used was dirty skin, fainted, memorable, gunshots, hypocrites, bones cracking, DISGUSTING, we have to have up to 6 sentences or more!

 - Diary entry: Alexander Aitken
 - Attributes chart; See, hear, location, movement & temperature
 - Which part my diary is about : My part of my story is about Alexander Aitken and other soldiers  getting shot in my mind
- What I enjoyed: The book, and the describing words
- What I found hard:  The words were hard to explain with my writing

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jorja, you have done well in explain your words..keep up the good work...Dad

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.